Return On Investment
It’s difficult to estimate the exact IT costs without having a general idea of your businesses infrastructure. Here are the ways clinics of all sizes are saving thousands of dollars every year using Chart Talk.
- IT Time – Time is money and whether you are engaging your own IT team or you contract IT from outside, networking issues, system upgrades, maintenence, and disaster recovery can become expensive very quickly. Chart Talk backs up all of your data, encrypts all data in transit and at rest, and adds both redundancy and failover to your server backup strategy.
Many small to mid-size clinics THINK they have data backup and recovery ready to go until it is too late. If you are wondering what would happen if you were to have a critical system failure and need to recover all of your records go through a trial recovery and make sure that all of your PHI and financial information is available.
- Hardware Upgrades – This cost can vary from year to year. When an operating system like Windows XP or Microsoft Server 2002 are discontinued many clinics will use the opportunity to upgrade hardware. When MS Server 2002 was discontinued, clinics could easily spend $4,000 – $8,000 on a new server.
Chart Talk allows you to eliminate those scheduled hardware costs from your operating budget. Chart Talk’s responsive design allows you to access and use the software from any web enabled device.
- Software/Hardware Maintenance – All software upgrades are taken care of by our server teams. Critical patches, feature releases, and system upgrades are all taken care of promptly and securely. Our teams even monitor for traffic from suspect addresses and shut them down before they can be a problem.
- Maintenance Time –
- Time Dealing With Separate Companies – One company to call to answer questions on EHR, documentation, billing, we can even host your email and websites.
- Duplication of Work – Integrating scheduling, patient reminders, paperless office, medical documentation, billing and accounting in one system means you can let the computer do the work.
Consider this, a patch to an anti-virus software comes out that updates all the ‘safe’ programs in your anti-virus DB. The patch is a good upgrade but it wipes out all of your custom setting previously configured. You have run the update along with the other 56 Windows updates but suddenly your program freezes up because your updated Anti-Virus Software started blocking that software again.
Troubleshooting this type of issue can take hours of expensive IT support time from your software vendor because your Anti-Virus software company won’t respond to your ticket for days after your problem was submitted.
By hosting your server and all ancillary features Chart Talk ensures all of the latest security patches and updates are installed. Security of your data and accessibility of your software is our primary concern and we can guarantee both from any web enabled device without installing any software.
- Engage your patients
- Improve clinical consistency
The Chart Talk patient portal is a secure, integrated piece of Chart Talk package. This service is available at no extra charge to you or your patients. The pateint reminder feature in Chart Talk allows your clinic to automatically send email appointment reminders to your patients. These reminders have links directly to the patient portal where clinical documentation like functional assessments, chief complaint forms, Consent to Treat, and other documentation can be completed before the patient sets foot in your door.